We expect that getting what we want will finally make us happy, but what we find is that it mostly just leads to wanting more or wanting something different. Our desires toss us to and fro until we tire of this and begin to question the value of following our desires. Anatomy of Desire will help you understand desire and its purpose in your life. It will also help you discriminate between your Heart's desires and the ego's and to relate to the ego's desires in a way that reduces suffering and increases joy. By pointing out the myths about desire that keep us tied to our ego's desires and the suffering they cause, Anatomy of Desire will help you be happy regardless of your desires and whether you are attaining them. So it is also about spiritual freedom, or liberation, which comes from following the Heart, our deepest desires, instead of the ego's desires. It is about becoming a lover of life rather than a desirer. Anatomy of Desire explains:
- The truth about desire
- Where desires come from and their purpose in spiritual evolution
- How to relate to your desires in a way that doesn't cause suffering
- How desires, fantasies, memories, and dreams create suffering
- How to tell the difference between your Heart's desires and the ego's
- How to become free from fear - How you create your reality
- How to develop your intuition
- How to know what your Heart wants and to follow it
- How to be happy
About Gina Lake
See more books from this Author
Published November 19, 2013
by Endless Satsang Foundation.
Religion & Spirituality, Self Help, Education & Reference.