"Save your bones, save your life." That’s Dr. Root’s motto after thirty-five years in practice. Today, forty-four million Americans suffer from osteoporosis or osteopenia. Having seen scores of people lose their independence and their lives to osteoporosis-related fractures, Dr. Root has become a crusader against this silent killer. Dr. Root’s plan is the first and only one written since the Women’s Health Initiative Study, which questioned the safety of Hormone Replacement Therapy. His simple, all-natural approach consists of an easy-to-follow diet and exercise program that will safeguard your bones against the incurable—yet almost always preventable—disease of osteoporosis. The book includes:
* A Fourteen-Day High-Calcium Diet (with foods you love), including variations for children, vegetarians, and the lactose intolerant, with an emphasis on forming healthy habits for a lifetime.
* A breakdown of the amount of absorbable calcium in common foods
* More than sixty simple, calcium-rich recipes for delicious—not "diet"—meals, including calorie counts and nutritional information
* A fully illustrated, twenty-minute exercise routine that you can do at home
* Cutting-edge information on recent breakthroughs in drug treatment for osteoporosis
* An extensive glossary, plus a list of organizations and Web sites to help you beat osteoporosis
No other book comes close to providing the comprehensive, up-to-the-minute information and advice Dr. Root gives in Beautiful Bones Without Hormones.
About Leon RootSee more books from this Author