Best of dadvice is a short compendium of important lessons in life and business for the aspiring manager or newly-promoted executive. It is ideal for students and anyone beginning a management career. Many of the lessons are valuable at all stages of social and business life; some will stay with you forever. An ideal gift from a caring parent, grandparent or guardian.
What is dadvice? Our responsibility as parents of our children, our challenge as leaders of our people, is to ask ourselves “what are we doing to help them to succeed?” dadvice addresses this challenge. The mantra of dadvice is ‘win with honour, lose with grace, always compete!’
In early 2010, I had two sons at university and a daughter at senior school – all boarding and away from home. I wanted to share important ideas, perspectives and opinions with them, to help them to succeed. Email provided a perfect platform, and dadvice was born.
As the number of messages increased over time, so too the distribution list as friends, family, work colleagues and their sons & daughters heard about dadvice and asked to be included in future communications.
There are 31 dadvice pieces in all, split into five central themes:
• Leadership – leaders attach themselves to a cause and take others on the journey with them
• Motivation – believe in yourself, strive, take personal responsibility and treat failure as a learning opportunity
• Influence – get more of what you want by understanding and interacting better with other people
• Life lessons – things the ‘adult-you’ would wish to have known much earlier in life
• Business & management – important lessons to help you perform better at work
Some of the articles contain an internet reference link to view a short video, easily accessible in this eBook format. This is an interactive part of the dadvice story and adds flavour, texture and relevance to the narrative.
About Noel Penrose
See more books from this Author
Published January 14, 2013
Business & Economics, Health, Fitness & Dieting, Self Help.