BLISS LIFESTYLE: CHOOSING JOY OVER FOOD shows you why your previous approaches to weight loss haven't worked and offers a step-by-step method to help you design your ideal life at a healthy weight. People are willing to spend vast amounts of time in researching and implementing a financial plan or a kitchen renovation, but when it comes to a weight loss plan they are only too happy to grab the latest one-size-fits-all scheme that addresses a narrow window of their life (usually diet) and then when it doesn't work, blame themselves and choose another.
Through the use of assessment tools, exercises in centering, developing personal awareness, listening to the body and stress management, BLISS LIFESTYLE will help you realize what you need to release or add to the whole of your life. As opposed to a focus of deprivation and blame you will be concentrating on your strengths and your preferences.
You will learn to:
1. Develop more awareness of what areas of your life need to be changed to optimize health
2. Discipline your patterns of diet and exercise
3. Identify and deal with stressors that may be triggers to over-eating
4. Become more sensitive to your needs and how to take care of them without turning to food
5. Balance taking care of loved ones in a way that benefits everyone involved
6. Consult your inner-knowing about your choices instead of relying on "expert" advice
7. Utilize the ABC model for stress resolution and problem-solving
8. Give your anger and pain your caring attention instead of "stuffing" those emotions
9. Be less reactive to external influences to your peace of mind
10. Become aware of the power of your internal dialogue and use it to your advantage
11. Take moments throughout the day to center yourself so that you no longer fall into automatic, unhealthy patterns of behavior
12. Soften the harshness of your self-criticism and change to positive reinforcement
13. Design and fine-tune a daily Bliss Lifestyle Plan that will allow you to maintain a healthy weight Follow your own unique bliss and you will have an abundant, happy life at a weight that is healthy for you. Why not start now?
About Dr. Judith McKay
See more books from this Author
Published July 6, 2012