Excellent short booklet for beginners on how to plant and grow blueberries in the home garden. Perfect for backyard gardeners with small city-sized yards, patios, balconies, decks, and rooftops. Written by the author of the best-selling Fresh Food From Small Spaces book, a former columnist for Urban Farm magazine.
* Why Grow Blueberries? Six Great Reasons
* Blueberries for Every Climate (and where to get them)
* Grow Blueberries Almost Anywhere
* Perfect Blueberry Soil (garden soil kills them, but they will thrive in this!)
* How to Plant and Grow Blueberries in Raised Beds and Containers
* Feeding, Watering, and Caring for Your Blueberry Bushes
* Making Extra Money Growing Blueberries
This booklet provides the beginner's guide to growing blueberries in the home garden. Blueberries are delicious small fruits that cost way too much at the supermarket. These dark-colored berries sit near the top of the antioxidant charts. They contain healthful substances known to protect the heart system, fight cancer, lower cholesterol, and stabilize blood sugar levels. Clinical research has proven that blueberries can help keep skin and hair looking younger, while improving memory function as well.
What if you could pick all the blueberries you want from your own backyard? Even if you have a small amount of backyard space in the city, you can grow blueberries, which perform very well in raised beds, large pots, tubs, other containers. In fact, blueberries are one of the simplest plants to grow. In this booklet, you will learn how to grow them and enjoy a sweet harvest of ripe, nutritious blueberries.
About R.J. Ruppenthal
See more books from this Author
Published May 21, 2013
by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
Crafts, Hobbies & Home.