Margo Maine spares no target in this straightforward and entertaining expose. Loaded with facts and inspirational quotes, this is an activist's guide for parents, educators, therapists, patients, former patients, or anyone who wants to fight against the forces that prevent women from being comfortable in their own bodies. Included are extensive Strategies for Change with ideas for personal and cultural growth, as well as resources with addresses, organizations, and recommended reading.
* 25 Ways to Love Your Body
* Guidelines for Letter Writing
* Top Ten Reasons to Give Up Dieting
* Join the Fight Against Fashion
* See the Homogenizing Effects of Cosmetic Surgery
* Stop Violence Against Women
* Fight Size, Sex, and Age Discrimination
* Tactics for Healthy Eating
* Facts about Kids and Dieting
About Ph.D., Margo Maine
See more books from this Author
Published June 1, 2011
by Gürze Books.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Political & Social Sciences, Self Help.