When Karin Housley asked the financial expert who was handling the family investments to explain his strategy to her, he said, "You just wouldn't understand." Grrrr, she thought, and with that an investor was born. But Karin didn't want to head into the stock market's uncharted fiscal wilderness alone. She called ten friends -- ten women ranging in age from twenty-nine to sixty scattered across the United States, all concerned about their financial futures -- and urged them to start an investment club with her.
They called themselves the Chicks Laying Nest Eggs Investment Club, held their meetings in an online chat room, and used the Internet to research, buy, and sell their stock choices. After two years in action, the Chicks are beating the pants off Wall Street's wise men. Their philosophy: Girls just wanna have fun, but Chicks want to learn something -- and make a few bucks -- along the way. Chicks Laying Nest Eggs is all about doing it all! And they've been spreading the gospel on their investment club website -- www.chickslayingnesteggs.com -- showing Chicks everywhere how and why to invest.
Okay, okay. The Chicks know what you're thinking: "Yeah, right. An investment book that I can understand. Like that can happen." Never fear! The Chicks didn't know a stock from a stocking when they started their club, but that didn't stop them from learning (fast) or beating the market (big!) right out of the coop. And they didn't know a thing about computers, either. Here in Chicks Laying Nest Eggs, founding Chick Karin Housley starts right at the beginning and recaps everything the Chicks learned on the way to becoming Dow Jones divas.
* What this thing called the market is and how it works;
* How to start your own investment club, buy stock in some good companies, and build your own Chick-worthy returns;
* All the essentials (and none of the double-talk) about the S&P, NASDAQ, market cap, mutual funds, bears, bulls, and all that other stuff that you always thought you'd never understand;
* How to get a computer and get your club online so you can meet anytime, from anywhere -- without crashing your too-busy schedule, or even getting out of your pajamas;
* And, most of all, how to have a blast while getting your money to work harder for you than it ever has before.
Chicks Laying Nest Eggs is the simplest step-by-step guide to investing in the stock market ever put together. It is for every woman, because the time has passed (if it ever really existed) when any woman could afford to be ignorant about her finances.
About Karin Housley
See more books from this Author
Published July 15, 2001
by Crown Business.
Business & Economics.