Compelling Conversations: Questions and Quotations for Advanced Vietnamese English Language Learners is based on our original and highly successful English as a Second Language (ESL) textbook, Compelling Conversations. The difference is this unique textbook was created for Vietnamese English Language Learners. Like the original, this English as a Foreign Language (EFL) textbook includes thematic chapters to create quality conversations and uses conversation starters, interview questions, classic quotations, paraphrasing exercises, and traditional proverbs to create hours of English conversation and class discussions.
This culturally sensitive text encourages students to speak about their experiences, their families, and their culture. With dozens of practical speaking exercises, Compelling Conversations helps advanced Vietnamese English Language Learners develop greater fluency, develop and express their opinions, give reasons to support their opinions, build critical thinking skills, prepare for standardized tests with speaking sections (TOEFL, IELTS), and create authentic conversations.
Compelling Conversations: Questions and Quotations for Advanced Vietnamese English Language Learners includes:
* 15 thematic chapters
* over 75 communicative activities
* Partner, group, and class discussion activities to develop fluency
* 15 targeted vocabulary lists to expand working vocabulary in social, professional, and academic contexts
* 15 Paraphrasing exercises
* Over 125 global proverbs to build intercultural understanding
* 15 question writing exercises
* 150 classic quotations to display eloquent language and develop critical thinking skills.
This communicative, oral skills EFL/ESL textbook has been primarily designed for international high schools, community college/university English language programs, and adult education programs. The book combines focused communicative activities and the natural language approach.
About Eric H Roth
See more books from this Author
Published March 20, 2011
by Chimayo Press.
Education & Reference.