* concise introductions to the novels and other works
* images of how the novels first appeared, giving your Kindle a taste of the original texts
* ALL 9 novels in English, each with contents tables
* some of the novels, including LES MISÉRABLES, are fully-illustrated with their original artwork
* includes BUG-JARGAL - Hugo's first novel, which he wrote after a wager - first time in digital print!
* all novels are presented with their French versions - sample the true brilliance of Hugo's original text, in between reading the English translations
* features a large sample of English translations of poetry
* the COMPLETE poetry in French
* includes four plays in French
* BONUS selection of six Non-Fiction texts
* boasts a special literary criticism section, with works by famous writers such as Dickens, Robert Louis Stevenson and Henry James, examining Hugo's contribution to literature
* includes Hugo's Memoirs - explore the great writer's private notebooks!
* ALSO includes G. Barnett Smith's famous biography – immerse yourself in Hugo's literary life!
* packed full of images relating to Hugo’s life, works, places and film adaptations
* scholarly ordering of texts in chronological order and literary genres, allowing easy navigation around Hugo’s immense oeuvre
* UPDATED with two plays in English, including CROMWELL, Hugo’s first drama, with its legendary PREFACE – the first Romantic manifesto
Victor Hugo, the greatest Romantic writer of them all, is finally available in Delphi’s bestselling range of titles. This monumental eBook offers readers the most complete collection ever compiled of Hugo’s FICTIONAL works in English translation, with many bonus texts.
Please note: a complete works of Victor Hugo in English is not possible due to copyright restrictions, scarce translations and some works having never been translated. However, we do ensure our readers that every possible major text is included, with many novels and other texts appearing here for the first time on the Kindle. To compensate for the missing poetry and plays, original French texts have been provided in their place. As soon as new translations become available, they will be added as free updates for customers who have already purchased this eBook.
HANS OF ICELAND
THE LAST DAY OF A CONDEMNED MAN
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE-DAME
TOILERS OF THE SEA
THE MAN WHO LAUGHS
The Novels in French
POEMS IN TRANSLATION
THE COMPLETE POEMS IN FRENCH
AND FOUR PLAYS IN FRENCH
NAPOLEON THE LITTLE
EXTRACTS FROM HUGO’S ESSAY ON SHAKESPEARE
LETTER TO THE LONDON NEWS REGARDING JOHN BROWN
ON CAPITAL PUNISHMENT
EXTRACTS FROM SATIRISTS AND MORALISTS
THE HISTORY OF A CRIME
VICTOR HUGO BY JOHN COWPER POWYS
LETTER ON HUGO BY CHARLES DICKENS
VICTOR HUGO'S LAST NOVEL BY HENRY JAMES
THE LEGEND OF VICTOR HUGO BY PAUL LAFARGUE
VICTOR HUGO’S ROMANCES BY ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON
TO VICTOR HUGO BY ALFRED TENNYSON
THE MEMOIRS OF VICTOR HUGO
VICTOR HUGO: HIS LIFE AND WORK BY G. BARNETT SMITH
About Victor Hugo
See more books from this Author
Published December 2, 2011
by Delphi Classics.
Literature & Fiction.