This book of critical rural geography breaks new ground by drawing attention to sex and sexualities outside the metropolis. It explores sexualities and sexual experiences in a variety of rural and marginal spaces with international contributions from a wide range of disciplines. These include: literary and cultural studies, lesbian and gay studies, geography, history and law. Among the topics uncovered are:
* a lesbian in rural England
* sexual life in rural Wales
* sexuality in rural South Africa
* scandal in the American South: sex, race and politics
* nature and homosexuality in literature
* Derry/Londonderry as a sexual space
* how 'country folk' are sexualised in popular culture.
About Richard Phillips
See more books from this Author
Published August 19, 2005
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Political & Social Sciences, Nature & Wildlife, Gay & Lesbian, Science & Math, Professional & Technical.