Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales
Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why

No critic rating

Waiting for minimum critic reviews

See 5 Critic Reviews

unrated

Synopsis

"Unique among survival books... stunning... enthralling. Deep Survival makes compelling, and chilling, reading."—Penelope Purdy, Denver Post


In ?Deep Survival?, Laurence Gonzalez combines hard science and powerful storytelling to illustrate the mysteries of survival, whether in the wilderness or in meeting any of life's great challenges. This gripping narrative, the first book to describe the art and science of survival, will change the way you see the world. Everyone has a mountain to climb. Everyone has a wilderness inside.
 

About Laurence Gonzales

See more books from this Author
Laurence Gonzales is the author of the bestseller Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why. He has won two National Magazine awards and the Distinguished Service Award from the Society of Professional Journalists. He lives in Evanston, Illinois.
 
Published October 17, 2004 by W. W. Norton & Company. 318 pages
Genres: Education & Reference, Nature & Wildlife, Sports & Outdoors, Travel, Action & Adventure, Science & Math, Business & Economics, Law & Philosophy, Health, Fitness & Dieting, History, Religion & Spirituality. Non-fiction

Unrated Critic Reviews for Deep Survival

Kirkus Reviews

See more reviews from this publication

Given that one person dies in this country every minute in a transportation accident, the death of only a dozen-odd climbers every year makes mountaineering seem a safe bet by comparison.) This work, oddly delightful for all its gruesome moments, closes with a compendium of tips for staying alive...

| Read Full Review of Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who...

Publishers Weekly

See more reviews from this publication

When confronted with a life-threatening situation, 90% of people freeze or panic, says Gonzales in this exploration of what makes the remaining 10% stay cool, focused and alive.

| Read Full Review of Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who...

Examiner

These are the sorts of questions underpinning Laurence Gonzales’s Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why (W.W.

Mar 10 2009 | Read Full Review of Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who...

Suite 101

Collection of sports writing from "The New Yorker" showcases great athletes, events, and the best non-fiction writers of our time.

Jan 17 2010 | Read Full Review of Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who...

Seeking Alpha

I am an individual investor/trader who is always looking to refine any edge that is available to a person with my talents, experience, knowledge, and resources.

Aug 10 2010 | Read Full Review of Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who...

Reader Rating for Deep Survival
80%

An aggregated and normalized score based on 475 user ratings from iDreamBooks & iTunes


Rate this book!

Add Review
×