Sara Mills offers an accessible and comprehensive analysis of the term 'discourse' and explores the theoretical assumptions underlying it. This handy, easy to follow pocket guidebook for students provides:
* straightforward working definitions
* historical developments of the term
* studied analysis of Michel Foucault
* discussion of the appropriation of the term 'discourse' by feminist, colonial and post-colonial discourse theorists
* examples of literary and non-literary texts to illustrate the use of 'discourse'.
About Sara Mills
See more books from this Author
Published December 1, 2004
Education & Reference, Literature & Fiction.