In this digitally dependent world, we are surrounded by buzzwords and acronyms. In “Don’t Throw IT ~ Get To Know IT” you will learn to tear down the walls and make sense out of it all and understand the answers to some of your most common questions:
• How Can I Protect My Computer? Unfortunately, malicious software is a reality today. Learn what all those terms mean and how you can protect yourself.
• Why Is My Computer So Slow? This is the most common complaint heard when dealing with technology. Learn how to address this yourself simply and safely.
• How Can I Surf The Web Safely? It is hard to imagine life before the Internet. Learn how to do so safely and securely for you and your family.
• What Do All These Terms Mean? Ever notice how the local computer nerd speaks a language all their own? Read on to remove the mystery of these terms with simple, easy to understand descriptions.
• How Do I Set Up Wireless At Home? Wireless networking has become as common as the cold. Learn the proper way to configure and secure your wireless network.
Don’t Throw IT ~ Get To Know IT is designed to teach the “normal” user how to use their computers safely and securely, Using analogies and light humor the author will guide you through the common issues faced daily when dealing with that silicon monster on the desk before them.
By pointing out the many free utilities and services out there, you can gain control over your technology in ways many only thought available to large corporations or those speaking “advanced nerd”. Using your computer safely and securely should not have to cost you the proverbial arm and leg. For example, did you know you could have superb antivirus control without paying a cent? How about Internet monitoring to keep malicious sites from displaying on you or your children’s computers or tablets? Even THAT can be yours free.
While designed with the computer novice in mind, even the computer geeks in the audience can learn from the items presented. While the material is geared toward the Windows user, Apple fans will find the information extremely valuable, as the principles and practices discussed affect all users of all operating systems.
Technology should be a tool and not a task.
…all presented in a way even the authors Mother-In-Law can understand!
About Wiltz Cutrer
See more books from this Author
Published January 3, 2013
by TechKnolutions, LLC.
Computers & Technology, Education & Reference, Business & Economics, Health, Fitness & Dieting.