This challenging, hard-hitting book is about making schooling relevant to modern society. It starts from the premise that our present education system is ill equipped to serve students and society in the twenty-first century. In a series of positive yet powerful and provocative chapters, the authors look at critical issues shaping schools today, with a view to:
* set out the critical issues behind the headlines
* show evidence from research and examples of good practice
* stimulate public debate and rigorous thinking about how we educate children for life in the twenty-first century
* provide practical examples of learning for the future
* present a vision for school transformation.
With contributions from a range of leading commentators including Tim Brighouse, Jonathan Poritt, Anita Roddick, Charles Handy and Jonathan Sacks, this is a must-read for school leaders, teachers, policy-makers, parents and all education professionals.
About Titus AlexanderSee more books from this Author