You’re planning to take the plunge and invest in your dream: a property and perhaps a life in France. How can you avoid making crucial mistakes? This book will take you step by step through the process by addressing the essential questions you need to ask both yourself and French professionals, such as:
· Should I buy a house in France as an investment or to live in?
· What are my prospects for finding work?
· How do I go about opening a bank account?
· Can I obtain a loan in France to buy the house?
· Are there any rights of way attached to the land?
· Does the house or land come with the necessary planning permission?
· What should I do about the inheritance laws?
· How do I go about letting the house?
Benefit from Mark Sampson’s experience as he guides you entertainingly through the questions you need to ask about what sort of house to buy, where to look, what’s involved in the contractual process and what to do once you’ve bought your house. Learn at every stage of the way what’s vital to be aware and wary of, including relevant French laws and customs.
Key questions and a plethora of helpful phrases are translated into French, making this an essential purchase to steer you clear of the pitfalls and help you make the right choices when buying (or not!) a house in France.
About Mark Sampson
See more books from this Author
Published August 5, 2012
Education & Reference, Travel.