Go beyond the mechanics of Final Cut Express 4--learn how to edit with it! More than a button-pushing manual--this workshop give you firsthand experience with the art and technique of editing. You develop a working knowledge with nineteen tutorials that cover each and every essential, including:
* setting up your system and understanding the interface
* ingesting and organizing your material including drive-based and disc-based camera data
* slicing, dicing, and organizing clips
* editing to build and trim a sequence of shots
* adding transitions
* using sound to refine your edit
* titling with FCE and Photoshop
* animating images to create engaging scenes
* adding special effects filters
* compositing to enhance your projects
* outputting your material
The companion DVD contains project media, demo software, and free plug-ins for your use.
About Tom Wolsky
See more books from this Author
Published December 6, 2012
by Focal Press.
Computers & Technology, Humor & Entertainment.