Let Four Months to a Four-Hour Marathon be your personal trainer. Whether you’re a competitive veteran or a recreational beginner, this essential guide will tell you exactly what to eat, what to wear, what to expect, and how to train. When race day arrives, author Dave Kuehls, contributing editor at Runner’s World and a marathoner himself, will have you in the best shape of your life—physically and mentally. All you have to do is take the first step.
Four Months to a Four-Hour Marathon includes:
• Day-by-day training schedules for 4-hour and 5-hour marathoners
• Detailed diet plans
• The marathoner’s mind-set
• Right and wrong things to wear
• How to pick the right sneakers
• Pain vs. performance—how far to go
• Common pitfalls to avoid—in training and during the race
• A list of the 36 marathons in North America where you can run the fastest times
About Dave Kuehls
See more books from this Author
Published July 1, 1998
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Sports & Outdoors.