If you've ever wished you could just stop . . .
– drinking – eating – smoking – gambling – shopping (pick one)
For anyone struggling to break the cycle of addiction comes the groundbreaking approach from The Chopra Center, the world-renowned facility that has successfully helped thousands of people change their lives for the better.
Chopra Center cofounder and medical director David Simon, M.D., and bestselling author and personal-growth expert Deepak Chopra outline their revolutionary approach--one that defies outmoded beliefs about recovery, particularly that people 'are' their addictions or that they are powerless to control them. By integrating the best of Western research with Eastern traditions, Simon and Chopra give anyone the tools to uncover the true cause of their addiction and provide comprehensive steps to end it for good. Readers will discover how to:
- Recognize the purpose their habit serves and how to fill the void
- Identify triggers and avoid relapse
- Deal with disappointments, insecurities, or anger in ways that provide lasting relief, not a temporary high
- Use meditation to counter stress
- Choose foods and supplements that will detoxify the body and curb cravings
By following the path thousands have used to turn their lives around, now anyone can have access to the renowned Chopra Center's program to achieve lasting freedom from addiction.
About Deepak ChopraSee more books from this Author
With the Chopra imprimatur, this is likely to find an eager audience. Holistic medicine star Chopra and Simon (cofounder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing, in California) are nonjudgmental and comNov 05 2007 | Read Full Review of Freedom from Addiction: The C...
An aggregated and normalized score based on 49 user ratings from iDreamBooks & iTunes