Do you suffer from heartburn or perhaps one of the other uncomfortable symptoms of GERD, also known as acid reflux including:
Unexplained chest pain
Excessive burping & belching
Unexplained weight loss
Frequent nausea & vomiting
Persistent coughing or hoarseness
Laryngitis, sinusitis or ear infections
Passing of black stool
Wheezing or asthma-type symptoms
And if the physical symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) weren’t bad enough, you may also lack the joy of eating and socializing, have trouble sleeping, face economic hardship, suffer anxiety associated with medical procedures, and have a reduction in the quality of life.
Linked to advanced stages of GERD is esophageal cancer - the fasting growing cancer diagnosis in the U.S., with prevalence doubling in the last 10 years. Just as alarming is that acid reflux disease has reached epidemic proportions with 1 of every 4 people afflicted by it.
GERD & Acid Reflux Solutions explains why GERD has become so prevalent, provides clear understanding of what is happening inside your body when GERD is present, and gives you with the insight and tools to prevent, reverse and manage this illness so you can feel good again.
In “GERD & Acid Reflux Solutions” you will discover:
• How to identify risk factors & warning signs so you can take charge of your health before complications arise.
• Effective prevention strategies.
• How to significantly reduce or eliminate symptoms of GERD with natural alternative treatments such as herbs & supplements as well as easy to make lifestyle adjustments.
• Medical interventions: Prescription and non-prescription medications - how they work and their side effects. And if needed, surgical options are also discussed.
• Which foods aggravate GERD and are likely to cause heartburn, and which foods are soothing and improve digestion, along with sample recipes that are healthy, delicious and soothing.
Regardless of the severity of your GERD, this book will guide you to end the suffering of acid reflux disease and improve your overall health and well-being.
About Howard VanEs
See more books from this Author
Published August 20, 2012
by Books on Health.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Professional & Technical.