Write Your Own Check
Considering a career in freelance writing? Already a freelancer but seeking practical, solid advice on the basics of the business? Get a Freelance Life is the complete guide to all aspects of a freelance writing career, straight from the creators of mediabistro.com—the nation’s most connected, authoritative source for media professionals.
Learn how to:
• Write compelling pitch letters
• Network with the best in the magazine and newspaper industry
• Understand the freelance market and detect its changes
• Self-edit and rewrite your work
• Manage tight deadlines
• Negotiate contracts
• Survive the financial ups and downs of the freelance life
With plenty of insider advice and tips from the most successful freelance writers and editors in the country, Get a Freelance Life is a must-have resource for turning your freelance gigs into a full-fledged writing career.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
About Margit Feury Ragland
See more books from this Author
Published December 18, 2007
Education & Reference.