In this revolutionary and provocative book, award-winning MIT grad David A. Shiang claims to offer final answers to many of humankind's most enduring mysteries, including the free will problem and the nature-nurture controversy. He argues that Einstein was right in rejecting a random nature, and he shows conclusively that Stephen Hawking (A Brief History of Time) and Brian Greene (The Fabric of the Cosmos) are mistaken in saying that evidence shows nature to be inherently probabilistic. The author also takes on Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion) and Daniel Dennett (Breaking the Spell), contending that Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection is neither scientific nor correct. He joins the debate about God from a highly controversial perspective, arguing that design, not chance, is the hallmark of nature. Odds are high that the logical and elegant solutions Shiang presents to our deepest riddles will cause you to rethink your most fundamental beliefs. Included in the book:
- The solution to the free will problem
- Why Darwin's theory of evolution doesn't qualify as science
- How we can experience the Mind of God
- Why Einstein was right when he rejected quantum randomness
- The critical role of Contra-Factual Definiteness (CFD) in science
- How to solve the problem of regret in one easy step
- Why John Allen Paulos needs a lesson in logic and critical thinking
- Why the make-believe world of Richard Dawkins is pure speculation
- Why Daniel Dennett is an unwitting ally of anti-Darwinians such as Shiang
About David A Shiang
See more books from this Author
Published June 1, 2011
by Open Sesame.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Science & Math, Law & Philosophy, Professional & Technical.