Are you considering a home remodeling project? Are you worried about how it will turn out? Does thinking about the project keep you up at night? Have you ever wondered how home remodeling really works? What happens behind the scenes?
You’re right to be concerned. The world of home remodeling can be confusing and stressful.
The great news is that you can have a successful home remodeling project! Armed with the right information, you can have a project that is on-time, on-budget and low stress.
The secret to a good remodeling project is to know how remodeling really works. There are unwritten rules, government regulations and challenging personalities that determine the success of any remodeling project. Until now, the only way you could learn those rules was to suffer through your own remodeling project, applying those hard-won lessons to your second project.
We've interviewed homeowners, contractors, architects, and designers to learn from their experiences and have distilled the most useful information into this book. You'll learn:
- The three causes of stress in a home remodeling project and how to manage them.
- Why home remodeling is a very emotional process.
- How to make the decision on whether or not to remodel.
- What to expect when getting your building permit.
- Why paying attention to the design phase of your project is critical for success.
- How to choose the right contractor.
- What to look for in your remodeling contract.
And that’s just the beginning!
About Familia Publishing
See more books from this Author
Published October 29, 2012
by Famlia Publishing.
Crafts, Hobbies & Home.