"Not just another song writing book, it's an organized method of thought and emotional processes which help one tell the story better..."
Oh My God, this really works!!!!! I sat down, read the book and wrote my first love song!!! Thank you Song Guru, I've already started my second song and I can't wait to get your next book..please hurry.
- L. Masters
"This book never fails to inspire me to both write, and write better. This is a text to turn to (or return to) for those basics that make the songs. Thank you for this road map on how to write a love song."
San Franciso, CA.
"Worth every penny! This book has added greater depth and individuality to my writing. I really needed to read the section on the biggest mistakes beginning songwriters make and how to avoid them…and I've been writing songs for 15 years!"
Thank you William. Your warmth, wit and wisdom made me feel like a good friend just sat down and in plain truth about Love, Life and the pursuit of Song.
- B. Bavis
Hey Song Guru, Thank you for this clear step-by-step process. I feel like you are guiding me through, but still allowing room for my own creativity. I never dreamed it would be so easy and so much fun!
"How To Write A Love Song" Finally, a simple, clear, concise roadmap to the creative process. Having lived and worked in Nashville with some of the best songwriters in the business, I was impressed in how William Brooks was able to make something seemingly magic so accessible.
- Mark DeLaBarre
New York City
I wrote “How to Write a Love Song” to show how simple, fun and easy songwriting can be.. I’ve designed the easiest, simplest approach to songwriting possible. I will show you step-by-step how to write your first love song. I’ll show you the shortcuts to take and the pitfalls to avoid. In “How to Write A Love Song” will you discover:
* The 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES beginning songwriters make and how to avoid them!
* You don’t need to know how to read music or play an instrument to write a love song!
* How simple the most popular song structures and chord progressions really are. And you’ll be able to use them too!
* That if you can talk and tell a story you can write a song!
* How to create an endless supply of song ideas and never be stuck with not having an idea.
* Exactly what tools you’ll need to get started and most are absolutely free and probably in your home right now.
* How to “think” like a songwriter. Artists look at the world differently than anybody else. You’ll discover how to access this same gift.
* How to use “mistakes” to make your music even more exciting.
* The embarrassing simple cookie cutter hand technique for piano. You will instantly be able to hammer out all the chords you need to write your first love song.
* What the easiest key to write music in. This approach always point to the simplest way to write so it stays fun and easy for you.
Bonus Gift #1.
Five Free Songs. I’ve written 5 fully recorded instrumental tracks that you can write your own songs on top of! Yes, I’ve written 5 songs especially for this offer and I’m giving them to you. They are yours to do whatever you wish. They are recorded, mixed and mastered and all you have to do is add the melody and lyrics. Use them for practice or record your own song on top of them. Again, they are 100% yours!
Bonus Gift #2. KARMA DOGS. A free download of my first 12 song CD from SAWHORSE RECORDS titled “KARMA DOGS”. I’ve sold copies of this CD in over a dozen countries and I wrote all the songs on this album without even knowing how to read music. Call this my inspiration gift to you. If I can do it, you can do it too.
About William Brooks
See more books from this Author
Published December 12, 2009
by William Ben Brooks.
Arts & Photography.