A vast readership awaits How to Negotiate with Kids. It addresses some of today's top parenting concerns: how to deal with a child who disagrees, how to avoid being either an ogre or a pushover, and-most of all-how to handle conflicts in ways that build lasting relationships with children.
Scott Brown, a founding member of the world-famous Harvard Negotiation Project, coauthor of Getting Together, and a father of four, has found that parents face the same dilemmas as negotiators everywhere. Now he has adapted his highly acclaimed techniques to teach parents how to:
* manage their own emotions and reactions during conflict
* manage their children's emotions and strengthen their emotional control
* listen in ways that will build understanding
* negotiate solutions to common problems
* teach their children to be problem solvers
* learn when not to negotiate
* discipline wisely
Personal anecdotes, stories from Brown's workshop families, and sample dialogues of "right" and "wrong" approaches make How to Negotiate with Kids an essential tool for parents who want to reduce conflict and strengthen their families in ways that will protect their children's emotional health and happiness.
About Scott Brown
See more books from this Author
Published February 24, 2003
by Viking Adult.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Parenting & Relationships, Self Help.