* eavesdrop on my cell phone calls?
* get my text messages almost as fast as I do?
* access my voice mails?
* steal my contacts list?
* send fake messages from my phone?
* make my phone dial someone else?
* receive a text revealing the length of my calls?
* receive a text alert whenever I use my phone?
* send me texts using a fake number?
* get my new number, although I switched phones?
* get the numbers I called, and who called me?
* track me using my phone's GPS?
* track me although my phone doesn't have GPS?
* trick me into installing spyware?
* remotely activate my phone's microphone and eavesdrop on me when I am not using the phone?
IS MY CELL PHONE BUGGED? answers these common questions (yes) and teaches you what you can do about it.
In IS MY CELL PHONE BUGGED?, eavesdropping detection specialist Kevin
D. Murray draws from over 30 years experience and detailed research to
show readers how to retake control of their privacy. He does this by
explaining technology in simple terms; separating fact from fiction;
exposing myths and providing sound advice - developed over years of
working with his clients and solving their information security
problems. In fact, reading this book is a similar experience to hiring
your own credentialed security consultant.
Mr. Murray explains...
* How to tell if your cell phone is infected with spyware.
* How to prove someone is spying and identify them.
* The best ways to get rid of the spyware.
* What you should do to keep spyware off you phone in the first place.
* What you should never do.
* How almost any phone can be turned into an eavesdropping device without using spyware.
* How not to be taken by spyware scams and "experts".
* How to choose the most secure mobile phone for your purposes.
* Simple do-it-yourself forensics.
* Privacy law.
* Caller-ID myths and realities.
* How to stop unwanted texts and e-mails, and more.
Additional topics covered include...
* GSM Bugs.
* Home cordless phones.
* Wireless telephone headsets.
* Bluetooth bugging.
* Precautions to take.
* U.S. Eavesdropping laws.
* Warning signs your phone is bugged with spyware.
* How your conversations get out in ways you don't expect.
* Pre-bugged cell phones, and more.
This book is an invaluable tool--from a professional security
strategist--for everyone who wants privacy when using their mobile
smartphones or household cordless phones. It also makes a thoughtful
gift for loved ones, friends and employees.
About Kevin D. Murray
See more books from this Author
Published May 26, 2011
by Emerald Book Company.
Professional & Technical, Computers & Technology.