"If you can check off any two of the following statements, this book may be for you.
· I am seeking an authentic way to walk with courage into the uncertainties of the third millennium.
· How can I live abundantly in the midst of the domination systems that are death dealing, violent, unjust, and sometimes very painful?
· I have passed beyond traditional religion.
· The traditional notions of God don’t match my reality.
· How can I learn to live in a permanent state of uncertainty?
· I am tired of violence and want to be a peacemaker.
· I have difficulty accepting traditional theology.
· I see so much injustice and want to help make the world be different.
· Until recently I called myself a Christian and have now dissociated myself from traditional, evangelical, or fundamental churches.
· I am impaled on Jesus, and I can’t seem to avoid his call to live in a new way.
· How can I be a part of the worldwide communities working to bring about a New Human Being and a New Human Society?
· I am in love with Jesus, but not his followers.
· I have concluded that contemporary religious organizations are, by and large, dysfunctional, codependent, death dealing, highly political, bureaucratic, patriarchal, literalistic organizations which are now dying and, therefore, fundamentally oriented toward institutional survival.
· I have encountered the new Jesus and found an energizing relationship with his dynamic charisma and cannot find a nurturing fellowship.
· I am seeking ways of adapting the teaching of Jesus to the realities of the postmodern era.
About Peter R. Lawson
See more books from this Author
Published July 13, 2004
Religion & Spirituality.