In Kungfu Basics, readers will learn:
* The origination of Kungfu—the philosophy, history, and different styles of the martial art
* How to choose a school—taking readers through their first class including the etiquette and dress requirements
* The basic elements of the style—stances, footwork, kicks, and hand techniques
* Drills and conditioning exercises to develop speed, power, endurance, flexibility and balance
* How to devise a training program and their gauge progress
* A comprehensive list of resources to help students further develop their knowledge of and training in Kungfu
The Martial Arts Basics series provides a complete introduction to the martial arts. All of the books in the series are meant to coach beginning students through their first six months of practice—and beyond. These books allow students to gain a complete understanding of the art form from the very beginning—helping them progress faster and with a clearer vision of purpose.
About Paul Eng
See more books from this Author
Published December 20, 2011
by Tuttle Publishing.
Sports & Outdoors.