Written in easy to understand language, the Bare Essentials Guide to Martial Arts Injury Care & Prevention addresses important self-care issues for the martial arts athlete including:
• Stretching: Over 50 essential exercises for building flexibility, preventing common injuries and rehabilitation
• Conditioning: Get the facts on using plyometrics, weight training, running, core strengthening, resistive bands, TotalGym and the exercise ball for building strength and speed
• Nutrition: Learn to safely cut weight, prevent dehydration, and eat like a champion
• Step by step instructions, including photos, for professional athletic taping techniques: ankles, feet, toes, shins, knees, elbows, hip, fingers, and hands
• Self-care: Ice vs. heat, identifying serious injuries, caring for minor injuries, training precautions when injured or pregnant
About Trish Bare Grounds
See more books from this Author
Published November 19, 2010
by Turtle Press.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Sports & Outdoors.