The finest guidebook ever written for Maui. Now you can plan your best vacation—ever. This all new sixth edition is a candid, humorous guide to everything there is to see and do on the island. Best-selling author and longtime Hawai‘i resident, Andrew Doughty, unlocks the secrets of an island so lush and diverse that many visitors never realize all that it has to offer. Explore with him as he reveals breathtaking trails, secluded beaches, pristine reefs, delicious places to eat, colorful craters, hidden waterfalls and so much more. This book and a rental car are all you need to discover what makes Maui so exciting.
• The most accurate up-to-date information available anyplace with up-to-the-minute changes posted to our website
• Frank, brutally honest reviews of restaurants, hotels and activities show you which companies really are the best…and which to avoid—no advertisements
• Driving tours let you structure your trip your way, point out sights not to be missed along the way and are complemented over 200 spectacular color photographs
• 22 specially created maps in an easy-to-follow format with mile markers—so you’ll always know where you are on the island
• Clear, concise directions to those hard-to-find places such as deserted beaches, hidden waterfalls, pristine rain forests, spectacular coastlines, natural lava pools and scores of other hidden gems listed nowhere else
• Revealing chapter on hidden sights along the Hana Highway
• Exclusive chapter on Maui’s beaches with detailed descriptions including ocean safety
• Unique Adventures chapter of exciting activities from ATVs to ziplines
• Fascinating sections on Hawai‘i’s history, culture, language and legends
• Includes information on the offshore islands of Lana‘i, Moloka‘i and Kaho‘olawe
• Companion website with links to every business, events calendar, over 140 resort reviews with our detailed aerial photos—so you’ll know if oceanfront really means oceanfront
About Andrew Doughty
See more books from this Author
Published April 1, 2013
by Wizard Publications, Inc..
Travel, Sports & Outdoors.