Between 30th June 2009 in Barcelona and 30th July 2011 in Moncton, Cathal McCarron followed the entire U2 360° tour, writing reviews and tales of the concerts as he went. 'Me & U2 360°' is a multimedia collection of all those concert tales. Including hundreds of Cathal's own photos, the ebook also has links to YouTube videos of all the songs mentioned in the reviews, and there are additional links to seventy of his own tour videos.
During the tour, Cathal saw shows from every imaginable location (front rail below the stage, back row behind the stage, Red Zone, nosebleed seats, and streets, hills, car parks and hotel rooms outside stadiums), and he had a wide range of novel concert experiences:
- on a stormy evening in Sao Paulo, he was given a concert ticket out-of-the-blue just before U2 hit the stage (when they premiered 'Out of Control' and 'Zooropa')
- in Cardiff, he camped outside the stadium overnight but didn't go to the gig
- in Horsens and Brisbane, he managed to sneak into concerts without tickets
- in Rome, he failed to find a ticket after hours of searching
- in Paris, Dublin and Philadelphia he ran into trouble with police
- in Glasgow and Buenos Aires, he saw big football matches on the same night as the concert
- in Melbourne, he was invited to a champagne and oyster reception before the show
- in Auckland, he survived on bread and water
He found the Joshua Tree and visited Red Rocks. He made it from Washington DC to London to the Glastonbury festival and back to the USA again inside 48 hours. He sweated in Baltimore and shivered in Norman. He got soaked in Moscow and sunburnt in Vegas.
From 'Breathe' in Barcelona to '40' in Moncton, via 'New Year's Day' in Poland and 'One Tree Hill' in New Zealand, 'Me & U2 360°' is an engaging account of Cathal's unique perspective of U2's greatest tour.
If you saw a U2 360° concert, or are a U2 fan, then you will thoroughly enjoy this ebook!
About Cathal McCarron
See more books from this Author
Published January 1, 2013
Arts & Photography.