Caring for a terminally ill loved one can be the single biggest challenge of your life. Drawing from her experience sitting with over 500 people as they died and caring for her own terminally ill father, Dr. Lani Leary gently guides caregivers, family, and friends through the difficult transitions of illness, death, and bereavement.
No One Has to Die Alone offers the practical skills, vocabulary, and insights needed to truly address the needs of a dying loved one while caring for yourself through the process. Dr. Leary shows both patient and caregiver how to rise above feelings of fear and isolation to find peace and meaning in each person’s unique end-of-life experience.
Whether used as a reference book to address a particular challenge or read from start to finish, this is a must-read for anyone facing death or the loss of a loved one. You’ll learn:
• how to listen to and support a loved one’s needs;
• what to expect as a loved one declines and the different grieving processes and tasks;
• the key to supporting a grieving child;
• what resources are available for patients and caregivers;
• the lessons of near-death experiences and the value of after-death communications.
About Lani Leary
See more books from this Author
Published April 10, 2012
by Atria Books/Beyond Words.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Self Help, Education & Reference, Political & Social Sciences, Parenting & Relationships.