Covering every aspect of launching, building, and maintaining a successful speaking career, Paid to Speak is a must-read for professional speakers—whether keynote speaker, motivator, coach, trainer, facilitator, or consultant—as well as those aspiring to a speaking career.
Divided into four sections, the content corresponds with the four core competencies that the National Speakers Association (NSA) has identified for success as a professional speaker:
- Eloquence: platform mechanics, presenting, and preparing
- Enterprise: business management, sales, and marketing
- Expertise: topic development, authorship, and product development
- Ethics: professional awareness and professional development
Thirty-four working NSA members who have built thriving speaking businesses weigh in with valuable insights and proven strategies on a gamut of topics, making Paid to Speak essential to any speaker’s list of reference materials.
Learn how to
- Create compelling presentations using stories and humor
- Hone your presentation and facilitation skills
- Convey a professional image through dress and body language
- Market and sell yourself effectively
- Develop an authentic and innovative brand
- Partner with speakers bureaus
- Spice up your writing, and sell book proposals
- Establish yourself as an expert in your niche
- Leverage the virtual world
- Adhere to an ethical code of behavior
- And much, much more!
Read Paid to Speak from cover to cover, or open it to any chapter, for tried-and-true, hands-on information on taking your speaking career—and your bank account—to the next level.
About National Speakers Association Various NSA Members
See more books from this Author
Published June 1, 2011
by Greenleaf Book Group Pres.
Business & Economics.