Asperger's Syndrome is a form of autism—but with the right guidance, these children can go on to live happy, fulfilling lives.
In Parenting Your Asperger Child, Dr. Alan Sohn's and Cathy Grayson's groundbreaking Cognitive Social Integration Therapy (CSIT) offers practical solutions that help parents prepare their children for a fulfilling life of social interaction outside the confines of their syndrome, addressing such topics as:
- The six characteristics of Asperger's Syndrome
- How to identify a child's type of Asperger's—and the best approaches for dealing with it
- Understanding how an Asperger's child sees and interprets the world
- Replacing inappropriate coping techniques with productive skills
- How to survive and learn from a crisis
- How school programs can aid in teaching Asperger children - Making changes that last
About Alan Sohn
See more books from this Author
Published February 1, 2005
Parenting & Relationships, Health, Fitness & Dieting.