Learn the Signature Techniques of Top Polymer Clay Artists
Polymer Clay Master Class offers you a close-up look at the creative processes of eleven acclaimed polymer clay artists as they share their expertise with one another and you. Judy Belcher and Tamara Honaman bring together these talented artists for the first time, offering their individual techniques and then documenting how they inspire and challenge one another in the creation of collaborative pieces. In five lessons with sixteen guided projects, you will gain an understanding of the polymer clay skills you’ve always wanted to master, such as:
• Creating with sculpture, canework, and imitative techniques
• Altering the surface with carving, transfers, imprint, and silk screening
• Incorporating mixed media, such as metal, wood, and fiber
• Designing using cold connections, hollow and lightweight forms, kinetic construction, and jewelry-finishing techniques
• Pushing the boundaries of the Skinner Blend technique
• Collaborating with fellow artists to open up new creative possibilities
With contributors including Leslie Blackford, Cynthia Tinapple, Lindly Haunani, Sarah Shriver, and many others, you have a front-row seat to the world of innovative polymer clay art. Challenge your assumptions about methods, style, and collaboration, and get ready to start on your own creative journey.
About Judy Belcher
See more books from this Author
Published January 1, 2013
by Potter Craft.
Crafts, Hobbies & Home, Education & Reference.