After studying Primary School 'KS2 (Key Stage 2) Maths – Fractions, Percentages and Ratios - Ages 7-11' eBook your child should be confidently able to:
- understand unit fractions such as one-half, one-third and one-quarter as well as fractions that are several parts of one whole such as two-thirds, three quarters or four-fifths as well as locate them on a number line.
- use fractions as indicators of shapes and quantities.
- understand the notion of equivalent fractions and be able to simplify fractions by cancelling common factors.
- compare and order simple fractions for example by converting them to fractions with a common denominator.
- recognise the equivalence between the decimal and fraction forms of halves, quarters, tenths and hundredths.
- understand that 'percentage' means 'parts per 100', and that it can be used for conversions, comparisons and calculations.
- find the percentages of whole number quantities, using a calculator where appropriate.
- recognise the approximate proportions of a whole and use simple fractions and percentages to describe them, explaining their methods and reasoning.
- solve simple problems involving ratio and direct proportion.
As such it is fully aligned with the UK Governments KS2 (Key Stage 2) national curriculum.
Just remember: 'The more you practice, the better you'll be at maths!' - John Kelliher.
About Dr John Kelliher
See more books from this Author
Published January 9, 2012
Education & Reference, Science & Math, Professional & Technical.