Olympic sailing is one of the most spectacular sports to watch, and this beautiful photographic collection shows the complete history, from the fabulous locations and legendary boats to the struggles and triumphs of the celebrated skippers, such as Paul Elvström and Ben Ainslie, who have made their mark as Olympic champions.
Featuring the awe-inspiring images of the best sailing photographers in the world, each entry has enlightening and entertaining commentary. The book highlights the history of Olympic sailing, the origins of how it became an Olympic sport, the struggles of training and teamwork, and the dangers on board a craft. It gives a review of the legendary classes and boat designers and also covers the new era of craft, including the 49er, Laser, 470, and Europe, and includes exciting images of Olympic gold and glory from the seas of Mexico, Sydney, Athens, and China.
· An overview of the three eras of Olympic sailing
· Origins - how sailing came to be in the Olympics
· The struggle - training, teamwork, trials, selection and near misses
· Legendary classes and boat designers
· The new era - including the 49er, Laser, 470 and Europe
· Fabulous locations - including Mexico, Montreal, Sydney, Athens and China
· Icons, gold and glory - celebrating great Olympians