Learn How to Overcome Chronic Disorganization and Heal from Hoarding… Yes, You Can!
Bestselling Author Donna Smallin Kuper has done it again in this compilation of candid conversations with leading professional organizers who offer help – and hope.
The seven experts featured in this book include award-winning professional organizers, sought-after consultants, organizer coaches and trainers, international speakers, authors, and a frequent guest consultant on A & E’s Hoarders. They are some of the most highly certified and well-respected industry practitioners, many of whom are pioneers in chronic disorganization and hoarding.
Is this book for you? The answer is YES if any of the following statements are true:
• You have been struggling with disorganization for a long time.
• You keep acquiring things and can’t bear to part with anything.
• Someone you love is struggling with chronic disorganization or hoarding.
• You’ve tried to get organized, but failed time after time.
• You find standard organizing systems (like filing systems) difficult to maintain.
• The tips you read in organizing magazines never seem to work for you.
• You feel like there is some kind of short circuit in your brain when it comes to getting organized.
• You’ve been diagnosed with ADHD, depression, dementia, or other mental challenge.
• You want to have a healthier relationship with your “stuff.”
Whatever your issue, you are not alone. The professional organizers in this book offer helpful and compassionate insights and strategies that can improve your quality of life and mend your self-esteem. Like Geralin Thomas says in Chapter 3, “Being chronically disorganized doesn’t make you a bad person.”
Written in an interview format, Secrets of Professional Organizers was compiled from interviews conducted, recorded, and transcribed between November 2012 and January 2013. This landmark book is the first in a series of three volumes:
Volume 1: Chronic Disorganization & Hoarding
Volume 2: Productivity & Work-Life Balance (To Be Published April 2013)
Volume 3: Decluttering, Organizing & Simplifying Life (To Be Published May 2013)
In reading the pages of this book, you will learn how getting organized isn’t just about clearing clutter or cleaning up. It’s about improving the quality of your life and perhaps even your health and safety. And yes, that’s possible for anyone, including you.
About Donna Smallin Kuper
See more books from this Author
Published January 19, 2014
by Flying the Koop Press.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Crafts, Hobbies & Home.