Organic seed harvesting made simple!
For the aspiring organic gardener, there's nothing more rewarding than growing organic crops from seeds you've harvested yourself. This book gives you the information you need to get started harvesting and planting your own seeds.
The following topics are covered:
- Why saving seeds is preferable to buying seeds.
- The key difference between hybrid and open-pollinated seeds.
- Why you need to avoid GMO seeds at all costs.
- How to control cross-pollination of your plants.
- Bagging, isolating and boxing your plants.
- Growing healthy seeds.
- How to harvest seeds from a number of popular plants including artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, flowers, corn, strawberries, cucumbers, melons and more.
- Why you should avoid harvesting tree seeds (there's a much better way to grow trees). - What heirloom seeds are and why they're important.
- Special handling of plants you plan on harvesting heirloom seeds from.
- The difference between organic and heirloom seeds.
- How to start your seeds once planting season rolls around.
- Sowing seeds in your garden.
Buy Seed Saving for the Organic Gardener today and learn how to harvest seeds from your plants.
About Martin Anderson
See more books from this Author
Published January 27, 2013
Crafts, Hobbies & Home.