Over the past decades there has been a change towards mechanization and homogenization of farming, which utilizes pesticides, chemicals, herbicides, artificial fertilizers and mass-manufacturing techniques.
All of that is undoubtedly affecting humanity's health, and new diseases are spreading quickly amongst people and animals (the new strand of bird flu being the latest one).
The World Health Organization generates reports to show how using chemicals and other products on food, coupled with the production procedures involved, are actually a hazard for our health.
If you a 4 foot by 4 foot space, you can quickly and easily grow your own organic vegetable garden. In fact, here are 7 reasons to grow your own food with Square Foot Gardening:
1. You'll have no preservatives in your veggies. Research by natural food organizations shows that preservatives in our food could cause heart diseases, osteoporosis, headaches and hyperactivity.
2. There will be no pesticides or artificial fertilizers used. These chemical products are applied to crops all the time regardless of plagues or climate conditions, and influence the quality of the veggies. Besides, pesticides are usually poisonous to people.
3. Your veggies will not be genetically modified (GM). Antibiotics, medicines and hormones are used on vegetables to grow more and bigger ones. Among the consequences of the practice are vegetables which look beautiful yet and are bland and stripped of their real full nutritional value. In addition, we end up consuming the hormones that have been used on the vegetables, with the potential risks for our health. Basically, there are huge risk and no rewards to eating gmo foods.
4. Eating your own organic vegetables may be healthier for you. They won't contain any of the toxins or chemicals named above, and they will be much more organic than any types you would find in the supermarket. Your food won't be at risk and your health will not be in danger because you will know that nothing abnormal has been added to your vegetables.
5. Your own natural veggies may be more appetizing. The use of pesticides, artificial fertilizers, hormones and antibiotics make veggies grow unusually and take the taste from them. With natural vegetables, your cooking will be enhanced as their flavor will show fully. And let me tell you, nothing is fresher, tastier and healthier than freshly grown organic veggies that you can walk a few steps and pick to eat raw or cook immediately ensuring you get nearly 100% of their full nutritional value.
6. Organic farming at home is friendly to the environment. Because you will not use pesticides or other similarly damaging products in your vegetables, you will not damage the soil or the air with the chemical elements. And do I need to add, you won't be damaging your health either.
7. When you grow your own natural veggies you are adding to your own self-sustainability and in a world of rapidly growing food shortages having the ability to grow your own food will soon be a primary asset and skillset to have.
And there is no easier method or better place to start growing your on food than using the square foot gardening method.
If you are ready for a short cut to naturally grown foods so you can better look after yours and your family's health, then download a copy of "Square Foot Gardening Made Simple" today and get on the fast track to growing your own natural veggies.
About Rebecca D. Powers
See more books from this Author
Published April 11, 2013
by Rebecca D. Powers.
Crafts, Hobbies & Home.