How often have you wished you knew how to defuse the difficult people who wreak havoc on your life? Whether it's a neighbor who keeps disturbing your peace, an employer who manipulates you into unpaid overtime, a spouse who criticizes and controls your every move, a colleague who uses scare tactics to intimidate you, or a student who teases your child without mercy, Take the Bully by the Horns will give you real-life strategies stop people from taking advantage of you, including how to:
* Adopt a "don't you dare" attitude
* Refuse to play The Blame-Shame Game
* Beat em to the punch...line
* Stop paying the price of nice
* Put all kidding aside
* Act on your anger instead of suffering in silence
* Savior Self from martyrs and guilt-mongers
* Not be victimized by crazy-making Jekyll/Hyde personalities
* Adopt the Clarity Rules and Rights
With these tools, you can take back your peace of mind and your sanity. You'll be able to fight back constructively and prevent harrassment by bullies, from the workplace to the schoolyard. The bold suggestions in Take the Bully by the Horns will show you once and for all how to convince unfair or unkind relatives, co-workers, customers, or strangers to either behave cooperatively or leave you alone.
About Sam Horn
See more books from this Author
Published September 9, 2003
by St. Martin's Press.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Political & Social Sciences, Self Help, Parenting & Relationships, Business & Economics.