Across the United States, in small towns and major cities, in suburbs and slums, in public and private schools, thousands of kids are experimenting with drugs. Many of them will become addicts; some will die. The first and only book to focus entirely on adolescent alcohol and other drug use, Teens Under the Influence addresses the immediate dangers that threaten these kids—exploring the short- and long-term effects of their addiction and giving parents solid, sensitive, practical advice to combat this growing epidemic.
Knowledge is the key to defeating drug addictions, and that is what this comprehensive, timely new book provides. Full of candid true stories from adolescent drug users, with facts based on the most recent scientific research, Teens Under the Influence tells you exactly what you need to know to deal with your child’s problem, covering such important topics as
• The common myths and misconceptions about drug addiction
• The crucial differences between adult and adolescent dependency
• The reasons kids get hooked
• The stages of adolescent addiction
• The different kinds of drugs kids use and combine
• Various treatment options and how to choose the best treatment for your child
• Strategies for handling relapses
Teens Under the Influence offers practical help that may save your child’s life. It may save the life of a friend. And it may save your own.
About Katherine Ketcham
See more books from this Author
Published November 26, 2008
by Ballantine Books.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Parenting & Relationships, Self Help.