The 25 Weirdest Animals in the World: Amazing facts and awesome photos of the oddest creatures on the planet today. It’s a fun and fascinating way for newly and not so newly independent readers to find out more about the strangest animals alive.
Designed to encourage and bolster independent reading this book provides fact after fact for information hungry children to tell family and friends.
It makes learning fun and gives a real reason for children to want to read by themselves. Kids will love collecting animal facts to share and enjoy. The 25 Weirdest Animals in the World book encourages children along the path to truly independent reading and learning.
There is even a question and answer section at the end of the book to test comprehension, encourage further reading and learning whilst, importantly, instilling confidence.
Why not try some yourself:
1. How do proboscis monkeys communicate?
2. What do hagfish make when threatened?
3. The frill-necked lizard is arboreal. What does that mean?
4. How does the blob fish catch its food?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about the platypus? It lays eggs. It is venomous. It locates its prey with electricity.
6. What does the leafy seadragon pretend to be?
7. Which kind of crocodile can swim at speeds of up to 40 kmh (25 mph)?
8. As well as using its fins like normal fish, the hairy frogfish moves in two unusual ways. Can you name one of them?
9. What is weird about the English Angora rabbit?
10. Why is the Dumbo octopus called Dumbo?
11. The long-beaked echidna is a monotreme. What is that?
12. Up to what length can a vampire squid grow? 1 foot, 10 feet or 100 feet?
13. The viperfish has a photophore, what is that?
14. What in the animal kingdom is a sphynx?
15. Which fish is sometimes called a honey toad?
16. The star-nosed mole is the world’s fastest…?
17. What kind of animal is a shoebill?
18. What is frilly about a frilled shark?
19. What is the world’s longest bony fish?
20. What kind of animal is a fangtooth?
21. What incredible thing can an axolotl do?
22. Why do scientists think a barreleye’s head is transparent?
23. How tall is an average adult aye-aye?
24. What is unusual about the half-naked hatchetfish?
25. What do pink fairy armadillos mostly eat?
Buy the book ‘The Top 25 Weirdest Animals in the World’ today!
About IP Factly
See more books from this Author
Published November 28, 2012
Nature & Wildlife, Children's Books.