Like many business owners, Susan-Urquhart Brown never expected to end up as an entrepreneur. Launching her own business spoke to her passions, but she soon realized there was much more to being a successful owner than she ever expected. In The Accidental Entrepreneur, she takes all the mystery out of going solo. For those who are just beginning to consider starting a venture as well as those who want to take their organization to the next level, she offers advice on what works and what doesn't. With hard-won wisdom and empathy, she shows readers:
• the 8 questions everyone should ask up front
• the top 10 traits of the successful entrepreneur
• how to obtain a license and sellers permit
• the best way to create a business plan
• 10 simple ways to get referrals
• the 6 secrets of marketing a business
• smart tips for investing and finance
• ways to avoid burnout
• how to avoid the 7 biggest pitfalls in business
Starting one's own business should be exciting, not scary. This is the one book that will show readers how to create a successful and fulfilling venture they can be proud of.
About Susan Urquhart-Brown
See more books from this Author
Published May 26, 2008
Business & Economics.