An XXX Rated Celebration of Adult Movies
According to film historians, the first motion picture was screened in December 1895. And the first dirty motion picture was screened just a few months later.
Adult movies are nearly as old as cinema itself. The Big Book of Porn celebrates this controversial art form in all its timeless glory—from the stag films of the 1920s and the Super 8 reels of the ’50s to the VHS boom of the ’80s and the interactive DVDs of Tomorrow.
• Know Your Classics: The twenty-five most important adult films of all time, including Debbie Does Dallas, Deep Throat, and an X-rated musical version of Alice in Wonderland.
• Great Moments in Porn History: From the first on-screen kiss to the invention of the silicone breast implant, these are major events that defined modern-day adult films.
• The Pantheon of Porn: These mini-bios of mega-stars like Seka, Linda Lovelace, and Marilyn Chambers are filled with surprising trivia.
• It’s A Porn World, After All: We travel around the world—from Australia and Canada to Germany and Japan—to watch the best of international porn.
• Make Your Own Porno: All you need is a video camera, a willing partner, and these simple pointers (“Tell a story,” “Start with a bang,” “Parody a real film title whenever possible”).
And that’s just the beginning. You’ll also find a glossary of unfamiliar terms, a catalog of favorite porn genres, tons of classic stills and posters, interviews with porn pioneers, the 300 goofiest porn titles of all time (Edward Penishands, Juranal Park, Oklahomo!), and much, much more.
About Seth Grahame-Smith
See more books from this Author
Published October 1, 2005
by Quirk Books.
Political & Social Sciences, Education & Reference, Humor & Entertainment.