How do I know if my idea will work?
How do I decide on the business model?
How do I find my audience?
Your digital business start-up journey begins here.
From the bestselling author of The Small Business Start-up Workbook, Cheryl Rickman brings you a thoroughly practical guide to starting up a digital business, covering the full journey from idea to exit, with easy-to-implement strategies to make your online venture an ongoing success. With a combination of tips, exercises, checklists, anecdotes, case studies and lessons learned by business leaders, this workbook will guide you through each step of digital business.
Learn how to:
• Assess whether your business idea will work online/digitally
• Choose the right business model for your proposition and avoid wasting time
• Assess demand, viability and uncover untapped needs and gaps in the market
• Build a usable, engaging website and mobile app
• Create a buzz using social networking
• Drive high quality traffic to your site and convert visitors into paying customers
• Use search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) tools effectively
• Raise finance and protect your business
• Build and maintain a strong brand
• Recruit and retain a strong team
• Sell the business or find a suitable successor.
Reviews for the book:
“If you want advice on starting your own internet business, don’t ask me, read this book instead. It is more up-to-date and costs far less than a good lunch.” Nick Jenkins, Founder of Moonpig.com
“This book excels in providing practical guidance on how to create a successful digital business which exceeds customer expectations and keeps customers happy each step of the way.” Scott Weavers-Wright, CEO of Kiddicare.com, and MD of Morrison.com (non-food)
“If you read just one book on digital business, make it this one... It is inspirational, informative and interactive in equal measure. Highly recommended!” Rowan Gormley, Founder and CEO of NakedWines.com
“Interspersed with inspiring and useful stories from successful entrepreneurs, this book can help aspiring business owners through a step-by-step process of refining their start-up ideas and building a solid business.” Elizabeth Varley, Founder and CEO of TechHub
About Cheryl RickmanSee more books from this Author