The Dissection of Vertebrates provides students with a manual combining pedalogical effective text with high-quality, accurate, and attractive visual references. Using a systemic approach within a systematic framework for each vertebrate, this book covers several animals commonly used in providing an anatomical transition sequence. Seven animals are covered: lamprey, shark, perch, mudpuppy, frog, pigeon and cat.
New to this edition:
- Revision of the systemic section of the introductory chapter to maintain currency
- Corrections to several parts of the existing text and images
- New comparative skull sections included as part of the existing vertebrates
- Companion site with image bank
* Winner of the NYSM Jury award for the Rock Dove Air Sacs, Lateral and Ventral Views illustration * Expertly rendered award-winning illustrations accompany the detailed, clear dissection direction * Organized by individual organism to facilitate classroom presentation * Offers coverage of a wide range of vertebrates * Full-color, strong pedagogical aids in a convenient lay-flat presentation * Expanded and updated features on phylogenic coverage, mudpuppy musculature and comparative mammalian skulls
About Gerardo De Iuliis
See more books from this Author
Published August 3, 2006
by Academic Press.
Nature & Wildlife, Professional & Technical, Science & Math.