One of the world’s top headhunters reveals his most valuable techniques for getting the best jobs and finding the right people.
The most important thing you’ll ever do if you are trying to build, rebuild, or even turn around an organization is hire the best people—and keep them. Jeffrey E. Christian has learned this lesson by working on hundreds of executive search assignments and building his own headhunting firm into a nationally recognized company, one of the top ten in the nation. In The Headhunter’s Edge, he reveals his secrets for excelling on either side of the desk—as a leader trying to build a great company, or as a job seeker in search of the next big position.
In this practical manifesto, Christian shows how essential it is to have the most talented people on your side. But how do you find the best? And how do you become the best? Christian’s solution: Think like a headhunter. He gives readers the benefits of his twenty years of experience interviewing thousands of CEOs and potential CEOs, and tells you
• how to conduct an interview and spot great leadership qualities in job candidates
• exactly what to do and say to keep a valuable employee from resigning
• how to expand your network to find the best emerging talent
• key strategies and instructions for choosing and getting the most out of a search firm
• what it takes for ambitious and talented people to get noticed and get the next big job or promotion
Practical, impassioned, and wise, The Headhunter’s Edge is an indispensable guide to advancing your career—and making your business more successful and profitable.
From the Hardcover edition.
About Jeffrey E. Christian
See more books from this Author
Published August 27, 2002
by Random House.
Business & Economics, Computers & Technology.