The Reasons Amanda's Graduation Trip to New York City is About to Change Her Life Forever:
1. Back home in Eagle River, Wisconsin, you don't see many Hideously Ugly Hooker Shoes.
2. Here in Manhattan, you might just be walking down the street and get offered a top modeling contract -- on your very first day!
3. Her girlfriend Desi knows all the hippest vintage clothing stores -- and where to buy a Marc Jacobs knock-off bag for $20.
4. Cannoli, cappuccino, tapas, knishes, gnocchi, chimichangas, samosas, and several hundred other unpronounceable but thoroughly delicious foods you can only eat when you're six feet tall.
5. Her sweetheart of a boyfriend, Tom, secretly promises they'll get married as soon as she comes home -- but she's suddenly not sure when that will be.
6. She discovers that her mom (who owns Patty's House O' Pies in Eagle River) knows how to speak French -- and isn't saying where she learned how.
7. She finds out that the man she thought was her dad isn't her dad....
With the skewering eye and sharp humor of The Devil Wears Prada, Pamela Satran's wonderful Midwest-girl-in-the-Big-City novel is a delightful fairy-tale tour of Manhattan's modeling world -- and a poignant adventure of self-discovery.
About Pamela Redmond Satran
See more books from this Author
Published August 17, 2007
by Pocket Books.
Literature & Fiction.