When we're stressed we sometimes think it's the relationship that's the problem when it's really the stress causing our unhappiness. The Indestructible Relationship is a collection of inspirational stories that reveal secrets of couples whose relationships have survived stressful and heartbreaking events such as cancer, the death of a child, chronic illness, bankruptcy, having their home damaged in a natural disaster as well as everyday job stress. The book empowers the two of you to overcome major adversity and smaller daily stresses.
Whether you're a couple who wants to feel more at peace in times of trouble. . . a divorced or single person seeking to understand how to have a more loving relationship in the future. . . or someone who enjoys reading inspirational stories. . . then you'll treasure this book.
In The Indestructible Relationship, you'll discover:
• An important factor that can destroy a relationship in times of stress.
• An easy way for long-time lovers to fall back in love with their partners.
• A simple strategy you can use to see your partner’s point of view and head off arguments before they start.
• A common trait of couples who survive a crisis with their partnership intact. Without this one trait, your relationship won't make it through the toughest of times—much less day-to-day struggles.
• An effective way to argue that resolves conflict rather than hurts feelings.
The Indestructible Relationship is the winner of the 2012 EPIC eBook Award for best non-fiction.
"Pryor’s writing is clear, concise and relatable as she deftly avoids imposing conclusions and instead lets the couples speak for themselves. Any couple could benefit from the wisdom shared in these inspired stories of hope, commitment and love." —Kirkus Reviews
About Kimberly PryorSee more books from this Author
Most challenging is a chapter focused on two couples whose marriages end in divorce, but Pryor uses these stories for readers’ benefit: She follows up with 20 powerful exercises designed to troubleshoot problems and teach preventative strategies.Apr 18 2012 | Read Full Review of The Indestructible Relationsh...