New 2nd Edition for 2014! Over 150 holsters and accessories covered!
“Holsters actually pre-date guns. Do you really think bands of wooly mammoth hunters carried spears and rocks in their hands? After all, they couldn’t invent important things like fire and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts with their hands all full of weapons.”
Let’s face it. Choosing the best way to carry a gun can be a daunting task. Whether you’re new to guns or have been shooting since you were a wee tot, this book can help you understand concealed carry methods, how to carry a gun safely, and the relative pros and cons of over 120 specific holster models. We’ll even teach you several ways to carry a gun in your underwear.
This book will help you make the right choice - saving you time and money - while offering a dose of humor while you learn.
Why do you need a book to choose and buy a holster? A few reasons really.
- At last count, there are 4,187,237 different holsters on the market. Well, that might be an estimate, but there are a lot. If you had a dollar for each of those holsters, you could almost cover the Kardashians’ weekly clothing budget. So how do you choose the right holster with all those choices?
- Hardly any stores carry a wide selection of holsters. Sure they might carry a couple of brands, but will they have a brand right for you and the model specific to your gun? It’s kind of like trying to find just the right shade of Morning Tropical Ocean Breeze Sunrise interior house paint at your local convenience store. It’s just not likely to happen. And that leaves you the option of having to search and buy from… the internet. And we all know that you can’t always believe everything you read on the internet. Well, except Youtube comments. Those are almost always true and insightful.
- You can’t really try holsters out before you buy. Especially those underwear holsters. Gun store sales staff tend to get a little cranky when you start shedding clothes next to the ammunition aisle.
- There are many different styles of concealed carry. Every day, innovative gun folks are inventing new ways to safely and discreetly carry guns. The variety of options is great, but how do you know which style of carry is right for you?
The editors at MyGunCulture.com have painstakingly documented all the holsters we’ve tried over the years and provided helpful commentary about pros and cons of different holster styles. In other words, we’ve tried just about everything. We’ve had great successes. We’ve experienced colossal failures. We’ve listened to so many gun show huckster sales pitches that the late Billy Mays would be impressed. And the result? The Insanely Practical Guide to Gun Holsters.
- A brief and entertaining history of holsters.
- Weighing concealment versus accessibility
- Open or concealed carry? How to start an enthusiastic argument.
- Ladies only holster solutions.
- Belt carry holsters - inside, outside and underneath?
- Body carry solutions. Undershirts, belly bands and harnesses.
- Ankle holsters. You think your ankles were swollen before?
- Pocket holsters. Why some work and others don't.
- You too can carry a gun in your underwear!
- Stashing guns in your clothing. Pants, shirts and jackets.
- Off premises parking. Ways to carry a gun not attached to your body.
- Home, office and car holster options.
- Magazine carriers and pouches. Ways to easily carry spare ammunition.
Loaded with pictures and the occasional comedic illustration, this book will tell you just about everything you need to know regarding styles of carry and the pros and cons of dozens and dozens of holsters from numerous manufacturers.
Holsters are expensive. And important! This book will help you make the right choice for your needs and lifestyle without breaking the bank.
About Tom McHale
See more books from this Author
Published March 1, 2013
by Insanely Practical Guides.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Education & Reference, Nature & Wildlife, Sports & Outdoors.